Moving Forward Day Program is a companion program to Oakville Children’s Homes. It was created to fill the need for day time care for individuals with special needs who are over the age of twenty-one, and are no longer eligible for public education. Moving Forward eases the transition from high school and its emphasis is on enhancing independence and community integration.
Essentially, Moving Forward offers parents the additional support needed as the young person makes the transition to adult life.
The program emphasis is on the following:
- Life Skills in a “home setting”
- Safety and community awareness
- Socialization and integration in the community
- Participation in recreational activities, such as, soccer, swimming, cardio and yoga
- Interest based participation in activities such as computer courses, music lessons etc.