The Canadian Mental Health Association is a nation-wide, non-profit organization founded in 1918 that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness.
At the CMHA Halton Region Branch, we promote mental health for all through support services for people living with mental health and/or addiction concerns and health and wellness promotion. Our services include:
- Specialized support for people who have mental health and/or addiction concerns to help them improve their health, well-being, and quality of life
- 24-7 phone and mobile crisis intervention through our 24/7 crisis line at 1-877-825-9011
- Free walk-in counseling to help people improve their wellness, cope better, and create positive solutions to life’s challenges
- Anger management and wellness groups to help participants learn about and develop positive coping strategies
- Educational presentations and training on a variety of mental health topics, including Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), Living Life to the Full, and Mental Health First Aid workshops to help participants learn about caring for their own health and wellness and effectively supporting others
- Mental health information and referral to community services to provide people with current and comprehensive information and connections to the help and resources they need to improve their wellness